Senior Engineer - Civils
Senior Engineer - Civils
- Closing Date for Applications - 7 May 2019
- Permanent (Full time & Part time vacancies available)
- Engineering Maintenance
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions, 80 million passengers a year to be precise, this is your chance to join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons. Heathrow is undergoing an exciting transformation whilst providing world class service to our passengers through transforming customer service and ISO 55001 certified whole-life-cycle asset management.
As a Senior Engineer in our Civils team, you’ll help us to make every journey better. Especially because the work you do will touch on all aspects of Heathrow life – we're actively involved in everything from runways and taxiways, terminals and other buildings, tunnels and bridges, roads, and carparks and numerous special structures such as our control tower. You'll keep our airport running smoothly 24/7. The scale of what we do is vast and will test your skills and give you huge scope to make your mark, it’s an exciting place to be. You'll be doing work that you can take real pride in and feel genuinely passionate about as part whilst being part of a close-knit and supportive team.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing?a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent?pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health
insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably. We’ll nurture your skills and provide opportunities for personal and professional development to help you reach your full potential.
Your role will involve:
- Asset Strategies and Standards – Owning and developing our Asset Strategies and Asset Standards deciding what we do to our assets and how we do it. Use these strategies and standards to define detailed asset maintenance plans and asset renewal/investment plans
- Technical Approval - Ensuring the asset strategies, standards and plans are understood and applied effectively across Heathrow
- Reviewing and deciding on requests to deviate and leading the engineering acceptance of products and materials
- Asset performance - Developing a thorough and quantified understanding of how our assets perform in terms of cost, risk and service performance
- Creating and delivering continuous improvement plans for our assets
- Managing Risk - Ensuring the business is aware of the likelihood and size of risks posed to the business by each asset. Working with our operational teams to ensure that they have appropriate plans in place to manage those risks
- Assurance and Investigations - Carry out assurance activities on delivery teams within capital delivery projects and maintenance teams to ensure asset plans are being robustly applied
- Supporting the business with technical investigations
- Leadership – Be a senior manager and leader at Heathrow. Provide professional leadership and mentoring to the engineers assigned to your discipline
We’re looking for people who have:
- Ideally qualified at degree level, be Chartered Engineer (or near Chartered) with a relevant professional institution or can demonstrate equivalent experience and expertise
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation to drive the overall agenda for asset management and execution of the strategy
- Proven ability to instruct, lead and manage technical and professional consultants and contractors to achieve defined outcomes
- Good knowledge and a strong working experience of asset management and maintenance practices, methodologies and strategies
- Experience of developing business cases, and the ability to translate and present data and technical knowledge in a meaningful way
Join us and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.