Senior Engineer – Decarbonisation
Dartford Design Centre, with remote working capability and occasional visits to our offsite manufacturing facility at Centre of Excellence for Modern Construction, Nottinghamshire
Do you have the passion and drive to challenge and transform sustainability approaches in the construction industry?
The Research & Development team supports the global Laing O'Rourke business through improving delivery, certainty and productivity, and advancing our reputation as leader for innovation and engineering excellence.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer with knowledge and experience of concrete decarbonisation to play a key role in our sustainability strategy and transformation to an absolute zero-carbon built environment.
What do we look for?
- Comprehensive technical design or delivery experience within a civil or structural engineering role, ideally with practical experience of sustainability issues within a design and manufacturing environment.
- Great communication and influencing skills, and the ability to critically analyse and challenge.
- A keen interest in existing and emerging material technologies, and how to leverage these to evolve traditional practice.
- First degree in Civil / Structural Engineering, or other construction related degree, industry recognised technical or engineering qualification (e.g. HNC, HND, NVQ level 4) plus demonstrable experience in a civil/structural design or delivery environment.
- ICE/IStructE Chartership, or working towards, with comprehensive design or delivery experience, or a post-graduate doctorial engineering or sustainability qualification.
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org