Senior Engineer – Vesting - 039533
Location: 5 Endeavour Square / Stratford
Salary: Circa £57,000 with excellent benefits
Transport for London (TfL) Engineers are always looking forward. Join us in one of our Transport Infrastructure Engineering teams and, as well as maintaining legacy assets, you’ll deliver new systems and solutions. There’s more to it than tubes, roads, buildings and bridges. This is about connecting communities and creating opportunities, so we’re ready for the 21st century and beyond.
As part of TfL Engineering’s Transport Infrastructure group the Infrastructure Protection Team is accountable for managing the interface between TfL assets and operations and the construction related activities of our neighbours. Our purpose is to mitigate the risks to our assets and operations, while helping London to develop.
This role involves being a trusted source of engineering advice to a range of internal and external stakeholders, and work will include:
- Providing advice and information on boundary, maintenance, and ownership information for our assets
- Providing advice on, and interpretation of Vesting agreements to identify engineering requirements, constraints, TfL rights, and obligations
- Reviewing and responding to a range of engineering and property documents produced for projects or existing relationships at the boundaries of TfL property and asset ownership.
- Leading on developing and maintaining a register of third-party assets where TfL maintains an interest.
- Arranging for designation of Streets of Special Engineering Difficulty where required for new, altered and existing TfL assets.
- Essential: Proven ability to read and correctly interpret Acts under which railways, highways and other transport systems were built and are operated and maintained, legal property documentation, contracts etc.
- Essential: Proven ability to read and correctly interpret vesting documents
- Proven ability to negotiate technical details with designers and contractors plus other parties where appropriate and not concede points critical to TfL business.
- Ability to produce two dimensional plans using standard CAD software or in GIS format and to produce and maintain databases useful but not essential.
- Essential: Working knowledge of the principles of property development, utility infrastructure delivery and related legislation including Party Wall etc. Act, Town & Country Planning Act, Access to Neighbouring Lands Act, Construction, Design & Management Regulations, Highways Act and various railway legislation.
- Knowledge of the TfL system, its structures, how they function and ability to correctly assess risk to our infrastructure and long-term interests from various third-party activities.
- Incorporated/Chartered Engineer or recognised international equivalent or possesses relevant knowledge and experience in the field of Vesting and Engineering/Development adjacent to the Railway.
- Essential: Experience providing engineering input to boundary, maintenance, and ownership agreements, particularly the ability to interpret reports and present engineering/technical information and risks to use the information contained therein.
- Experience in Civil or Structural Engineering, to include at least one of design, assessment, operation, maintenance or construction of railway or highway structures.
- Experience in a range of asset interfaces with operational transport systems.
- Experience of building relationships with and influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
The more teams you’ve been a part of, the better. But it’s important you bring a passion for the TfL Vision and strategy too. That’s because, wherever you join us, you’ll explore work of unparalleled scale, scope and variety across a unique range of projects, as you build your career and expertise. So come and bring on tomorrow, as an Engineer at TfL.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
Please apply using your most recent CV and Cover Letter. (Word format only)
We encourage you to apply for the position that is most relevant to your existing skills, knowledge and experience as shortlisting is carried out on the basis of how well you meet the criteria for the role.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th October 2022 @ 23:59