We require a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Estimator to lead our geotechnical work winning team in our Kilsyth office. You will have a specialist contracting background ideally with knowledge of all the main geotechnical disciplines and be comfortable in a civil engineering environment.
You will support the continued growth of the division through collaboration with our design, commercial and contract delivery teams. We will actively support your career goals and aspirations through our industry leading talent management programme.
Your key activities will include:
- Managing the work winning team in Kilsyth including day to day monitoring of tender progress and ensuring timely submission of tender proposals.
- Reviewing tender requirements and ensuring that internal / external support is procured and managed efficiently.
- Challenge all and any design proposals and strive to offer a considered value engineered alternative solution wherever possible.
- Compiling and presenting tender proposals including cost estimates, risks / opportunities including tender clearance.
- Client liaison, arranging and attending site visits.
- Collaboration with and managing commercial, operational, design, procurement and planning resources.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Degree (civil engineering, geotechnical or geological).
- Proven successful estimating experience in geotechnical engineering / civil engineering / piling and foundations.
- Considerable variety in types of geotechnical work priced.
- Some geotechnical design knowledge would be advantageous.
- Rail and highways sector knowledge would be very beneficial.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.