Building the present, creating the future
We are strengthening the estimating function within our Rail division in the south, based out of offices in Sundridge, near Sevenoaks. While your prime responsibility is preparing and presenting cost estimates for a range of civil engineering tenders, we are also looking for communication skills, bid management capability and an innovative approach.
Your key activities will include:
- Contribute to bid strategy.
- Receipt and co-ordination of tender information.
- Liaison with planning, design, commercial and procurement functions.
- Preparation of cost estimates, activity schedules and cash forecasts.
- Present bids internally and to customers.
- Effective handover to project teams.
- Seek and communicate feedback from projects.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Site experience of civil engineering to at least sub agent level.
- Competent user of estimating software (preferably Candy).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercial awareness and familiarity with NEC forms of contract.
- Well organised with effective IT skills.
- Able to lead all aspects of selected bids including quality submission and supply chain relationships.
- Ideally you will be competent in digital take off and 5D.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary, this role includes a company car or allowance, generous pension and private health insurance. We provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment, and are open to flexible working arrangements.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.