Building the present, creating the future
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Estimator to join our Southern England and Wales Division.
Our technology supports working from home so you will have total autonomy to decide where and when you work, to achieve success in the role. Frequently visited locations will include our regional office in Magor (South Wales) or Shipdham (Norfolk), as well as head offices in central London and Camberley, together with site visits.
Your key activities will include:
- Co-ordinate with pre-construction team.
- Give direction to staff.
- Liaise with clients, consultants, PQS, supply chain, stakeholders and other third parties.
- Organise and prepare supply chain enquiries.
- Prepare financial submission.
- Prepare and present estimate in conjunction with bid manager to senior managers and directors at cost estimate review and settlement meeting.
- Coordinate with Bid Manager on all aspects relating to estimate.
- Contribute to collecting and distributing of feedback.
- Prepare and hand over of tender estimating information to project team.
- Investigate cost effective and / or alternative solutions.
- Prepare tender summary and assist Bid Manager in costing risk registers.
- Comply with Company and Group bid governance procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop junior staff.
- Maintain awareness of latest construction techniques.
- Use appropriate BIM / digital tools and promote the use of 3D, 4D and 5D techniques.
- Support the pre-construction team in preparing tenders, liaising with bid teams to deliver innovative solutions.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Degree, HND in Civil Engineering or NVQ equivalent level.
- Suitable civil engineering site experience.
- Proven estimating experience in heavy civil engineering bids as an Estimator.
- Considerable variety in types of work and disciplines priced, with understanding of methods and typical production rates / outputs with tender values ranging from £10m to £100m.
- Demonstrable understanding of common forms of contract.
- Proficient in the use of company estimating software, with experience with Candy of particular interest.
What do we offer?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; car allowance; private healthcare; Life Assurance; one Volunteering day and two Wellbeing Days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.