Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Rendel is a growing specialist civil and structural engineering consultancy, with a strong tradition of bringing our expertise to prestigious and technically-challenging projects around the world.
Our team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including the HS2 C1 Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct, Hinkley Power Station, Eurotunnel UK Terminal and Al Zour Refinery in Kuwait.
We want to hear from you if you would like to join a diverse, friendly and resourceful team and work on interesting and challenging design projects in the UK and internationally. We are based in a vibrant quarter of central London.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Geotechnical team; you will be expected to:
- Undertake and manage projects in the UK and internationally
- Be a 'hands on' geotechnical design engineer, capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Deliver engineering solutions and report results
- Undertake geotechnical design and analysis using across a broad range of geotechnical types and using international standards
- Assist in the management of the design process that will include other related design disciplines
- Coordinate design as part of an internal team and liaise with external associated professionals and our clients
- Peer review, to ensure consistency and excellence in delivery of our technical work product
- Act as a line manager with involvement in resourcing, recruitment, training and mentoring and coaching
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer (ICE) with the following experience and knowledge:
- Detailed design including deep and shallow foundations (vertical and lateral capacity, settlement), deep excavations, basements, retaining structures, earthworks, soil and rock slope engineering, ground improvement, seismicity and liquefaction and instrumentation and monitoring
- Strong knowledge of geotechnical and engineering geological processes and design, with a particular emphasis on data interpretation, design & analysis, construction and advanced numerical modelling
- Ground investigation experience including design, preparation of tender documents, supervision, interpretation
- Geomorphologic, coastal and maritime experience would be beneficial
- Extensive knowledge of Eurocodes and other national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies and procedures
- 2D and 3D geotechnical analysis/finite element software
Full details of this role can be found on our website
Competitive Salary & Benefits