At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
We are recruiting for a Senior GIS Consultant on a fixed term contract basis. You would join a team with specialist skills who have developed a reputation for technical excellence and innovation within the business. Reporting to the London Team Leader, you will be responsible for undertaking GIS data management, analysis, mapping and visualisation, innovation and driving and delivering our projects.
This will include:
- Delivering and managing GIS work on the LTC project.
- Preparing and coordinating work for GIS staff based in the UK and overseas (travel not required).
- Liaising with internal and external clients.
- Providing GIS technical mentoring to junior GIS staff.
- Undertaking GIS mapping, analysis, data capture, data management and geoprocessing.
- Preparing map and feature services for GIS applications.
- Developing and applying geoprocessing models using model builder and / or python and data management/flows/BIM using FME.
- You will assist in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis’ services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
- Demonstrable post-graduation in a similar position.
- Experience of GIS (ESRI ArcGIS 10.4 or above).
- Experience of working within geotechnical, geological, site investigation and water disciplines in the Highways, Aviation or Rail sectors.
- Previous GIS project management experience.
- Experience of programming in either Python, SQL or VBA and a desire to develop these skills further
- Understanding of core principles of GIS and GI data management
- Experience of promoting GIS internally and externally via presentations and networking
- Knowledge of UK GIS datasets.
- A Master’s degree in GIS and/or suitable experience.
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ?rst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other bene?ts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ?exible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.