Rendel, part of the Ingérop Group, is an international, multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy, headquartered in London with offices in Birmingham, Bristol and Sydney, Australia. We provide client-focused engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy and industry sectors. Rendel’s origins date back to 1838, making us one of the oldest civil engineering consultants in the UK.
Our experience includes bridges, ground engineering, highways, ports, industry, energy, rail systems and tunnels. Our team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including High Speed Rail, Nuclear Power, Highways and Ports.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bridge Engineer to join our highly qualified team in our Birmingham office, located in the vibrant city centre.
You will be expected to:
- Undertake and contribute to assignments in the UK and overseas
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of a high level of technical capability to deliver the service offerings targeted
- Undertake structural design and analysis using design software across a broad range of structural types and using various international standards
- Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company’s technical work product
- Implement and adhere to Company procedures in the management, delivery and administration of Services
- Support and develop client relationships
- Have an understanding and awareness of the company values and business plan and your contribution to both
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested by your assignment or line manager
To be successful, you will have the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Achieved, or close to achieving, Chartered Engineer status with ICE, IStructE, or similar
- Substantial experience of Structural Engineering projects, specifically within the bridges sector, at all levels
- Knowledge of Eurocodes and other relevant national and international standards, design software, contracts, methodologies and procedures
- Experience should include large scale (c.£100m+), high profile infrastructure projects, for a range of UK and international clients in various construction markets
- Ability to build, maintain and develop relationships with clients
- Excellent problem solving and design skills with ability to deliver practical solutions
- Exceptional team working skills to be able to contribute to and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, but also has the capacity to work independently to a high standard, as the assignment nature dictates
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension scheme, profit share scheme, private medical insurance, holiday purchase scheme, cycle to work scheme, group life insurance, group income protection, employee assistance programme
- Work with a diverse, friendly and resourceful team on interesting and challenging projects in the UK and internationally
- Continuing professional development - we strive to offer opportunities for training and growth, which is at the heart of our culture.
- An environment where the support and care for the wellbeing of our people is important to everyone
- Sports & Social Club which promotes good fellowship and healthy recreation amongst the Members and organises social events, games, sports, entertainment and other pastimes
- French lessons at beginner, intermediate and advanced level
At Rendel, we believe in creating a work environment of mutual trust, respect, diversity and inclusion.
If you would like the opportunity to work on exciting and technically challenging projects around the world in a supportive and friendly work environment, please Apply Now.