Senior or Principal Engineer - York
Senior or Principal Engineer
Vacancy type: Full-time
Salary scale: £35-48k plus benefits
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019
We are looking for a Chartered or near Chartered Civil Engineer to work in our newly opened office in York. The office provides civil engineering design services, predominantly on railway related projects.
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in a design environment
- Looking for an opportunity for career progression within a growing company
- Be a chartered engineer – ICE, IStructE, or working towards this
- Engineering degree qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of some of the following structures - bridges, tunnels, stations & buildings, geotechnical, and design using various materials, eg - concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Rail experience is an advantage but we would not discount CVs from good candidates who do not have rail experience.
- Project management experience including project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Experience of management of teams of up to 2-4 people
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent and multi-disciplinary commissions
- Used to representing the company to clients and working with a range of project stakeholders
- Be innovative and looking to use and further develop your technical and business skills
Responsibilities will include
- Development of conceptual and detailed designs in accordance with project requirements
- Checking of design calculations and drawings completed by other engineers
- Structural calculations and analysis using appropriate software packages
- Technical leadership/ input/ review role for design, assessment and other technical aspects.
- Assist in preparation of fee proposals
- Manage and build relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- Attending meetings representing the design team
- On site visits/ structural inspections/ investigations.
- Providing technical support to less experienced staff
- Project management of small and medium sized projects
The successful candidate will report our Regional Manager in York and work closely with discipline heads based in Glasgow, who will regularly visit to provide mentoring as required.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- 21 days’ annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership for Chartered Engineers
- Company Group pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Range of additional company benefits
MHB Consultants is a civil engineering design consultancy established in 2006. We currently have 26 full time staff based in our Glasgow city centre office and have recently opened an office in York.
Our workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Our clients are building contractors, local authorities, transportation agencies and private clients. Our company aim is to provide practical solutions to save money for our clients.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter by clicking Apply Now below.
£35-48k plus benefits