Senior Planning Engineer - Kilsyth, Glasgow.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Planning Engineer who can strengthen our delivery services team in Scotland.
We seek someone who combines a passion for developing innovative methods for tender and construction planning with a disciplined and responsible approach to safety, project controls and contract administration during project delivery.
While based in Kilsyth, some travel including overnight stays may be required in order to support our project teams.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
A qualification in civil engineering / construction to degree level.
- Substantial experience of P6 with experience across a wide range of railway projects, with a good understanding of commercial and contractual matters particularly with respect to NR form of contract.
- An appreciation of BIM / digital construction tools and workflows.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
- A sound knowledge of typical production rates.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Competency in the use of P6 including cost loading and Synchro (preferable), and in the use of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
- The ability to lead and manage a team to help deliver projects on time and budget.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.