Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construction are recruiting a Senior Site Manager to be part of the team based on one of our new projects in North London valued at over £100m within our South East region.
Reporting to the Project Manager the ideal candidate would be expected to demonstrate a broad technical construction knowledge and proven track record of exceeding targets and achieving high scores in health and safety, environmental management and defect free construction. Specific experience of large scale industrial-type buildings, would be particularly advantageous.
• Implementing the Project Management Plan, including all site procedures and practices and completing records and documentation.
• Ensuring compliance with the health and safety Management Plan and BAM Operating Procedures.
• Ensuring BAM construction environmental procedures are implemented on site.
• Keeping a site diary including records of subcontractor attendance and progress.
• Ensuring that appropriate quality records are being produced and monitored to verify that the works are being completed in accordance with the specified requirements
• Interpretation of drawings and advising on buildability issues as required.
• Daily management of site works and organisation of subcontractors.
• Ensuring and implementing effective communications between engineering, technical, construction and project control groups
• Maintain control and responsibility for engineering deliverables
• Understand BIM and the use of BIM field 360
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role you will have:
• A broad construction-based technical experience with detailed knowledge of structures and coordination of these with elevations.
• Ability to read and understand drawings and plan the works safely and efficiently
• Experience in managing and overseeing temporary works schemes
• A relevant Health & Safety qualification
• Confident in the use of IT packages and systems
• Good team working and communication skills
• Self-motivation with energy and drive.
• HNC/Degree, MCIOB or equivalent or a trades background
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.