Senior Structural Engineer
£45k - £55k per annum plus benefits
We are delighted to be working with a highly regarded structural and civil engineering practice co-located in the vibrant city of Brighton to help them find an exceptional Senior Structural Engineer to join their dynamic team and contribute to their exciting projects.
- Undertake structural engineering analysis and design for a wide range of projects, including residential, commercial, industrial, and public sector buildings.
- Prepare detailed engineering calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Collaborate closely with architects, clients, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Conduct site visits, inspections, and assessments as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards, codes, and regulations.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers and team members.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered, or nearly Chartered, status with the Institution of Structural Engineers,
- A skilled in producing practical and cost-effective structural designs in timber, concrete, masonry, and steel,
- An accomplished manager and mentor of junior staff.
- Skilled in delivering projects on time, within budget, and to a high standar
- Highly competent in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, and Tekla.
- A minimum of 8 years’ of design experience with a consulting structural engineering practice in the UK or Ireland.
- An excellent communicator – both in writing and face-to-face.
- Ideally experience in minor civil design.
On offer for the Senior Structural Engineer:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package,
- Increasing responsibility and, ultimately, a leadership role in the practice,
- Opportunity to work on a diverse range of challenging projects.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- The opportunity to take 6 weeks off, at full salary, every third year to pursue other interests,
- Professional development and training opportunities.
If you are a talented and driven Structural Engineer seeking an exciting opportunity to further your career, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your CV and any relevant portfolio or project samples to Graham Ventham.