Senior Structural Engineer
Rendel, part of the Ingérop Group, is an international, multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy, headquartered in London with offices in Birmingham, Bristol and Sydney, Australia. We provide client-focused engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy and industry sectors. Rendel’s origins date back to 1838, making us one of the oldest civil engineering consultants in the UK.
Our experience includes bridges, ground engineering, highways, ports, industry, energy, rail systems and tunnels. Our team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including High Speed Rail, Nuclear Power, Highways and Ports.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our highly qualified team in our London head-office, located in the vibrant area of Borough.
You will be expected to:
- Undertake and lead assignments in the UK and overseas
- Deliver engineering solutions and report results to managers and clients
- Undertake structural design and analysis using design software across a broad range of structural types and using various international standards
- Monitor staff time and budgets against assignment programme and agree appropriate actions where necessary
- Assist in the management of the design process that may include other related design disciplines
- Assist with coordinating design as part of an internal team and liaising with external associated professionals and our clients
- Support Graduates through the processes and requirements for completion of their Chartership
- Assist with the organisation and management of the technical staff, acting as a line manager as required, supporting staff recruitment, training, CPD and implementation of ‘Best Practice’ and procedures
- Adopt procedures for standardisation and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in the service delivery of the Company’s technical work product
- Implement and adhere to Company procedures and best practice in the management, delivery and administration of Services
To be successful, you will have the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Degree qualified and Chartered Civil Engineer, ideally with a post graduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Extensive knowledge of Eurocodes and relevant national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies and procedures
- Experience at Assignment Manager and Designer level with a proven record of managing and delivering assignments to programme and budget
- Structural design experience including foundations, retaining structures, bridges, marine structures, jetties etc.
- Proven track record of business development, delivering against set objectives and achieving company targets
- People management experience e.g. general employee welfare, carrying our appraisals, training and development, involvement in resourcing and recruitment activities would be beneficial
- Excellent problem solving and design skills with ability to deliver practical solutions
- Exceptional team working skills to be able to contribute to and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, but also has the capacity to work independently to a high standard, as the assignment nature dictates
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension scheme, profit share scheme, private medical insurance, holiday purchase scheme, cycle to work scheme, group life insurance, group income protection, employee assistance programme
- Work with a diverse, friendly and resourceful team on interesting and challenging projects in the UK and internationally
- Continuing professional development - we strive to offer opportunities for training and growth, which is at the heart of our culture.
- An environment where the support and care for the wellbeing of our people is important to everyone
- Sports & Social Club which promotes good fellowship and healthy recreation amongst the Members and organises social events, games, sports, entertainment and other pastimes
- French lessons at beginner, intermediate and advanced level
At Rendel, we believe in creating a work environment of mutual trust, respect, diversity and inclusion.
If you would like the opportunity to work on exciting and technically challenging projects around the world in a supportive and friendly work environment, please Apply Now.