Senior Structural Engineer
£55k - £60k per annum plus benefits
Our client is a highly successful global engineering consultancy specialising in the delivery of sustainable and innovative projects. They have asked us to help them find a Senior Structural Engineer to join the well-established yet still growing team in their Central London office on a full time permanent basis.
The successful Senior Structural Engineer will join a talented and friendly structural engineering team with a strong design culture within a multidisciplinary London office where you will find supportive mentors and a lively social scene. You will work developing concepts through to detailed design using sketches, digital tools, scripting, BIM and analytical methods on a wide variety of sectors including stadia, commercial, transport infrastructure, residential, defence, healthcare, and aviation.
- Using analytical and design software and model in 3D adopting BIM principles
- Developing scripts and use of parametric tools for optimisation and efficiency,,
- Undertaking detail design calculations and plan, manage and supervise technicians in the production of Revit models and technical drawing deliverables,
- Representing the company at internal and external design team meetings, effectively communicating design processes and decisions,
- Visiting sites to carry out structural inspections,
- Supporting project leads in the management of projects with input into planning, costing and programmes and keeping them informed on progress, opportunities, and risks,
- Applying best practice to minimise carbon through optioneering and design and seek to adopt MMC/DfMA principles,
- Working with and mentoring graduates and junior members of staff to develop their skills and abilities, as well as engaging proactively with colleagues to develop a strong team culture.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered engineer and Member of a relevant Institution (ICE / IStructE (preferred,
- A background of experience in structural engineering of buildings, preferably across all stages of design through to construction,
- A deep commitment to tackling the climate emergency and maximising benefits for society; and experience in low carbon and sustainable designs and embodied carbon calculation,
- An interest in architecture and the built environment and its benefit to society,
- Ability to sketch out ideas and concepts using pen and paper and digital tools,
- Skilled in analytical/design software,
- Have a working knowledge and experience of building design using Eurocodes and relevant standards,
- A clear understanding of relevant UK health and safety legislation and good practice, including roles and responsibilities under CDM Regulations 2015
- Ability to contribute to and coordinate production of high-quality engineering deliverables, such as option appraisals, drawings, calculations, reports, specifications and construction documents, with attention to detail,
- Commercial and contractual awareness and experience of managing scope and budgets,
- Experience of and skills in leading small teams of engineers and technicians on design tasks, packages and projects, with the ability to communicate effectively.
On offer for the Senior Structural Engineer:
- A competitive salary,
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave,
- An annual professional institution subscription,
- Life insurance,
- Enhanced parental leave,
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance,
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
If you would like to know more about this excellent opportunity, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.