Site Engineer - Midlands.
Required to work with our Fusion joint venture on the HS2 enabling works between Birmingham and London (project offices in central Birmingham and Aylesbury).
Your key actities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with company policies and report any standards on the site which are considered by you as inadequate.
- Where required supervision of chainperson, assistant engineers and work with section foremen.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
- Confirm in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Complete inspection and test plans as required by the PMP / Specification, including checks of dimension accuracy and quality.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section engineer.
- Provide accurate measurements for materials required for site. Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting in the weekly site review meeting.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed to the section engineer for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials as required by the specification.
- Provide assistance to the measurement department where required for example earthworks surveys.
- Maintain survey books as required by your line manager.
- Take receipt of materials and check description, quantity, markings and condition before signing for receipt.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Qualified to ONC level, a graduate or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at assistant engineer level.
- Knowledge of government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.