Site Engineer - Civil Engineering
Location: Near Bridgwater, Somerset
Engagement type: Permanent basis
We have an excellent opportunity for you to join one of the largest engineering projects in Europe, Hinkley Point C. You can develop your career whilst working on an exciting project with innovative and diverse teams, this is an opportunity that should not be missed.
The role and project experience will enhance your skill set and be a great opportunity if you are keen to learn, innovate and deliver complex works in Civil Engineering.
This is the type of project which offers a large variety of work packages and the opportunity to advance, develop and grow your remit, greatly benefitting your career development.
What can you expect in this role?
A full description can be provided upon request.
- Support on method statements, risk assessments, task sheets and procedures, environmental procedures.
- Assisting engineers with dimensional control, spatial control, quality and innovation.
- Change management such as request for design change, sub-contractor checks, procedural changes and technical information.
- Information for the correct procurement of materials and services.
- Set up systems for managing materials approval, testing, product and plant.
- Assist all engineering levels with construction methods and practice.
- Advise and manage temporary works including design briefs and best methods.
- Utilise 4D design process to support preferred construction methods and build ability.
- Decide and shape the best solutions for engineering problems.
- Overall responsibility for the technical aspects of the work packages.
Scope of Work: Packages £20m - £80m in methods, preparation, pre-planning, delivery, materials on heavy civil packages. - Reinforced Concrete & Groundwork packages
Unless stated otherwise all positions are based at Hinkley Point C in Somerset. Somerset boasts beautiful English countryside, an attractive coastline, interesting towns and villages along with easy access to the M5 and within proximity to the cities of Bristol and Exeter.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email email@example.com