Building the present, creating the future
We are seeking Site Engineers to join us working on the construction of a new bypass in Stubbington, Hampshire.
The scheme, which has a duration of circa 18 months, is located to the north east of Stubbington, extending from the B3334 Titchfield Road (south of Titchfield Gyratory A27) in the west to the B3334 Gosport Road (west of Peel Common Roundabout, Gosport) to the south east. It includes widening of a section of Titchfield Road and construction of a new section of road approximately 3.5km in length.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
- Supervision of assistant engineers.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out.
- Complete inspection and test plans.
- Keep accurate daily site diary.
- Preparation of 4 weekly programmes.
- Provide accurate measurements for materials required.
- Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed on for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials.
- Provide assistance to the measurement department.
- Maintain survey books.
- Take receipt of materials and perform checks.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Qualified to ONC level, a graduate or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at assistant engineer level.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Knowledge of government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.