Site Engineer - Inverness
Based out of our Inverness office, you will work on our projects throughout the north of Scotland.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
- Supervision of chainperson, assistant engineers and work with section foremen.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
- Confirm verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff and ensure that comprehensive records are maintained.
- Complete inspection and test plans.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of 4 weekly programmes.
- Provide accurate measurements for materials required and maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed to the section engineer for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials.
- Provide assistance to the measurement department.
- Maintain survey books as required by your line manager.
- Take receipt of materials and check description, quantity, markings and condition.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Graduate civil engineering qualification or apprenticeship.
- Successful experience at assistant engineer level.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.