Building the present, creating the future
We are seeking Site Engineers to join us working on the Thames Tideway Project in London.
Shift work will be required:
- 7 days (06:30 to 15:30) on 3 days off.
- 7 nights (21:30 to 07:30) on 2 days off.
- 7 backs (14:30 to 22:30) on 2 days off.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high standards of Health and Safety, particularly with regards to ensuring all exclusion zones are adhered to.
- Ability to work with other engineers and help develop trainee / assistant engineers.
- Setting out of tunnel formwork placing of concrete.
- Understand and be able to relay the requirements of the MS, RA ITP to the mining gang.
- Understand reinforcement drawings and set out the reinforcement as per the setting out requirements ensuring it is in the correct position prior to moving the shutter into place.
- Setting out tunnel formwork.
- Carry out testing on concrete samples and record on Early Age Strength check sheets.
- Ensure the works are being carried out as per the ITP requirements and that all required check sheets are being filled in correctly and saved in the location desired.
- Ability to raise NCRs (Non-Conformance Reports) and liaise with the section engineer / designer / client on method of closing out and ensuring NCRs do not occur repeatedly.
- Complete shift diaries and include pictures, break down of production and downtime, plant used, sub-contractors.
- Liaise with the client representative for inspections of works with regards to hold points and witness points on the ITP check sheets.
- Produce Method Statements / Inspection Test Plans / Material Compliance Reports / Task Briefings.
- Manage engineering materials to ensure they do not run.
- Learn to use the P2P system (requisition application system) for ordering materials.
- Carry out Health and Safety inspections and upload to TIRA.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Qualified to ONC level, a graduate or equivalent (preferred).
- Experience as assistant engineer.
- Ability to understand and share with operatives the RAMS details.
- Fill in the ITP check sheets (i.e. quality check sheets for works, Reinforcement work etc).
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Knowledge of the procedures and methods for testing site materials.
- Ability to interpret reinforcement and formwork drawings.
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.