Building the present, creating the future
Required to work on one of numerous Environment Agency projects throughout the north of England, with current opportunities on flood defence works in Newcastle, Teesside, Carlisle and York.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal standards in health and safety.
- Monitoring the work and ensuring adoption of company best practices.
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour.
- Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
- Supervising and mentoring assistant, trainee engineering and technician staff.
- Monitoring and recording delivery against the agreed programme and construction methods.
- Maintaining good working relations with client, designer, supply chain and others.
- Making sure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Ensuring that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences.
- Ensuring that comprehensive records of resources employed on all works are maintained.
- Ensuring that Inspection and Test Plans and checklist are in place and followed at the appropriate stages.
- Completing daily diary records and ensuring they are also being maintain by others under your supervision.
- Assist in preparing "look ahead" programmes.
- Prepare and ensure written risk assessments and activity plans / method statements are in place prior to works commencing.
- Ensuring that COSHH assessments are in place for materials to be used and that the requirements are being followed.
- Identifying, recording and reporting change to the scope of works or programme.
- Ensuring that testing / sampling of materials is carried out as required by the specification.
- Recording and reporting non-conformances and ensuring appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Ensuring materials and workmanship meet the specification and maintaining appropriate records and proofs.
- Ensuring work records are being kept and in line with the project requirements.
- Contributing to the monthly and quarterly commercial forecast and reporting for your section of works.
- Provide accurate setting out for works before work is programmed to commence.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed to the section engineer for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials as required by the specification.
- Carry out site measures for control and ordering of materials.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Degree, HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent NVQ Level.
- CSCS Level - Academically or Professionally Qualified Person/Supervisory/Manager.
- Previous experience as Assistant Site Engineer.
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.