CONSTRUCT. BUILD. SHAPE. DESIGN. CREATE.
You can do all of this and more with BAM.
BAM Construct UK is recruiting a Solicitor/Legal Counsel to join the legal team, based in Hemel Hempstead.
BAM Construct UK are a regional business working throughout the UK and is also part of the Royal BAM group of companies. It is anticipated that there will be some interaction with the Royal BAM Group legal team, with some travel to Europe and around the UK being required on occasion.
About the role
Reporting to the Legal Director, you will be advising on legal issues affecting BAM Construct UK Limited and its subsidiaries.
More specifically, you will be assisting the legal team focusing mainly on construction law issues including:
• Managing and advising on disputes
• Carrying out tender reviews and advising on risk management/mitigation
• Negotiating building contracts, supply chain contracts and other related legal documents
• Development of knowledge management systems and legal technology for use by the legal team
• Advice on new legal developments of importance by way of internal legal updates and training sessions
There will also be a requirement to assist in advising the business in respect of:
• Company secretarial requirements
• General contract law and commercial law issues
• Compliance with statutory requirements
Who are we looking for?
We would anticipate that a suitable candidate for this role would be a solicitor of at least 2+ years' qualification with some experience of construction law. The successful candidate should have a commercial, proactive, confident and pragmatic approach. Although the work is principally focused on non-contentious construction, some experience in contentious construction may be helpful, but is not essential.
What do we offer?
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, including a car allowance and bonus, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.