Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Strategic Account Manager to support the business development department in the FM Northern Region (North of England, Midlands & Scotland). Directly reporting to the Lead Business Development Manager, the role is predominately to increase sales by retention and enhancement of the existing regional hard services portfolio and attainment of new business and development of a high quality sector focused customer base for BAM FM.
You will support the regional business development & operational teams and achieve a sales target made up of the retention of existing designated customers, enhancements on existing contracts & new business from targeted market sectors within the FM marketplace in line with the regional business development strategy.
• Focus on actively developing new business opportunities in addition to the development and retention of a selected list of existing sector specific existing clients.
• To achieve a sales target, based on the retention of existing designated clients, enhancements on existing contracts & new business from targeted FM market sectors
• Develop relationships with key existing clients, demonstrating the quality of the company's services, finding innovative solutions to new challenges, negotiating an effective balance between cost, value and risk
• Proactive client focused management of regional sales targets from both existing clients & targeted new clients
• Assist operational teams with contract renewals and contract enhancement opportunities
• Strong experience, knowledge and verifiable track record of enhancing & developing FM / Building Maintenance opportunities both regionally and nationally with both existing clients and potential new clients.
• Ability to identify target clients within given sectors and to research and find early-stage bid opportunities for development
• Raise the company profile within the FM marketplace
• Work flexibly within the FM team undertaking any other duties which contribute to growth and profitability.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be required, consistent with the post
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role:
• The postholder will hold a relevant degree/diploma or professional qualification in a Hard / IFM discipline or have equivalent experience.
• Experience in delivering FM / Building maintenance services within the public & private sectors is desirable.
• A full driving licence and a willingness to travel are essential to the post.
• The postholder should display the following competencies
Is able to:-
• Demonstrate evidence of existing FM industry contacts with decision makers & end users.
• Have excellent client relationship skills & experience
• Be a confident, professional & knowledgeable ambassador for the company
• Balance the need for quality and profit
• Operate effective IT systems
• Show excellent communication & influencing skills
• Work as part of an experienced business development team
• Communicate effectively at a professional level
• Previous experience within account management / sales / business development sector
• Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues
• Ability to organise and plan own work load
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to ensure effective communication with a wide range of contacts both internal and external.
• Demonstration of the ability to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of word processing, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to understand and work to the BAM values
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £60 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.