Sub Agent - Southampton.
We currently have opportunities for Sub Agents to join our Highways team working on the M27 Smart Motorway project between Southampton and Portsmouth.
Your key activities will include:
- Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters.
- Manage site engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and supply chain.
- Promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
- Support the agent in operating the cost management system, the production of programmes and QF preparation.
- Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Adopt and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
- Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant.
- Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of staff.
- Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at section engineer level (ideally with highways project experience).
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.