Building the present, creating the future
BAM are recruiting a Subcontract Ledger Clerk to join the Finance team. An integral part of the Subcontract team, interacting with colleagues in Finance and the wider business,you will be based at our Hemel Hempstead office.
As a SubContract Ledger Clerk you will Work in a small dedicated team with a high profile workload and track record for delivery. Engage closely with all stakeholders most notably production, procurement and commercial in order to pay subcontract suppliers promptly and correctly.
• Processing a high volume of high value Subcontractor payments for operating regions
• Setting up new Subcontractor details on SAP
• Reviewing CIS status, including dealing with Subcontractors
• Checking Subcontract orders for each project issued by Material Management system and liaising with the Cost Department for confirmation of relevant codes to update Workflow
• Liaising with site staff in connection with the workflow process as required
• Inputting accurate payment details and controlling payment dates.
• Dealing with telephone and written queries from Subcontractors and Sites both internally and externally
• Electronic filing of all paperwork i.e. certificate of payments, CIS details, bank details etc.
• Assist with ad hoc department projects as required
Who are we looking for?
• Knowledge of SAP processing system and CIS Scheme is essential
• Ability to pay attention to detail to ensure accurate data entry and accurate checking of all payments
• Ability to communicate at a high level whilst dealing with telephone and email enquiries in order to resolve any query promptly
• Pro-active approach to problems - the ability to spot potential errors and resolve
• Ability to build good working relationships with both external suppliers and internal customers.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and ensure deadlines are met
• Ability to make decisions about referring potential problems to the Manager
• First class written and oral communication skills
Ideally you would have worked within the construction industry. You have had some experience with working in an accounts department. You have strong administrative skills, with the emphasis on accuracy rather than speed. You should have strong communication skills to be able to liaise with other departments/clients in a professional manner at all levels and most important, be an enthusiastic team player who takes pride in the work. Knowledge of CIS is essential with regard especially to what is in/out of scheme and understanding of status and deductions. An overview of VAT would be of great benefit.
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.