Building the present, creating the future
Working on the Trans Pennine route Upgrade from offices in Central Manchester the porpose of the role is to provide organisational and administrative support to the Alliance Commercial Director and Commercial Alliance Management Team. As well as administrative support to the Procurement Team.
• Diary and email support for Senior Leaders in the commercial team as appropriate.
• Coordinate travel logistics including trains, flights and accommodation for Senior Leaders as appropriate.
• Coordinate internal and external meetings including room booking, arranging agendas, preparing papers, chasing up actions.
• Disseminate information to other team members to ensure delivery.
• Maintain registers and records, including personal information for the commercial team.
• Act as a point of contact for the Senior Leaders in the commercial team.
• Maintain and manage Procurement systems and spreadsheets; run reports as required.
• Organise and support team meetings and panels. Including taking minutes and actions, issuing and supporting governance compliance.
• Other tasks as required
Who are we looking for?
• Highly organised and ability to deal with change and complexity
• Experience of working with stakeholders at various levels and the ability to build strong internal relationships
• Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently on a wide variety of issues as they arise
• Highly competent levels of IT skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Teams as a minimum) as well as knowledge of using bespoke software package
• Experienced at managing a robust filing system in various locations including ProjectWise, Sharepoint and servers
• Ability to multitask alongside strong organization skills
• Excellent management skills, being able to manage a workload with regular tasks and adhoc requirements
• Good communication skills (verbal and written) including excellent telephone manner
• Experience of working within a team and working independently
• Experience of minute taking and action management and support senior level meetings
• Design, facilitate and lead engagement activities for a large team
• Working in a construction environment
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including generous matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Your work environment
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.