Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Construct UK is recruiting a Web Developer, for a 12 week fixed term contract.
This role is based in Hemel Hempstead but we can accommodate periods of flexible working, including working from home.
Working with users and IT staff on a project to migrate legacy web applications to new test and production environments.
Provide guidance/support to the business and internal IT teams, regarding web and web-related systems.
Applications/systems may be developed in-house or supplied by third parties.
• Migration of legacy web applications to new test and production environments, using BAM authorized technology and tools', whilst ensuring all work complies with security and quality best practices.
• Providing technical support to relevant web applications and working with other members of the IT team during User Acceptance Testing.
• Where applicable ensuring that other members of the IT team are aware of any application or environment changes/modifications to ensure that ongoing support is maintained.
• Ensuring that technical and support documentation is available and kept up to date.
• Providing advice and guidance to users and IT staff on web-based tools that are available to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the business and the IT department
• Producing and follow relevant procedures and work instructions, both technical and non-technical.
• Liaising with staff to ensure that changing needs are communicated back to the manager.
• Being proactive in continuous changes taking place in the IT industry.
Who are we looking for?
• A minimum of 4 year's development experience in a commercial environment.
• Experience in a commercial environment of some or all of the following would also be desirable: IIS Application Request Routing (ARR), SAP Remote Function Calls (RFC).
• Experience of gathering user requirements and creating prototypes.
• Experience of delivering designs and applications that meet industry standards.
• Experience of Agile ways of working, e.g. working in a multi-functional DevOps team, delivering work, products and services using Scrum, Kanban, etc.
• Ability to work with staff outside of the IT department, guiding and supporting them through requirements analysis, development and implementation of WEB and WEB related systems.
• Excellent Verbal, Interpersonal and Written Communication skills
• Excellent Organizational and Time Management
• Ability to work on their own initiative.
• Tact and diplomacy, customer focused.
• Ability to train others within set guidelines
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.