Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - South West
Quantity Surveyors - South West England.
Due to increased activity in the region we require Quantity Surveyors to work on range of projects including a major civil engineering project in West Somerset.
• Manage, supervise and mentor your “reports”.
• Maintain effective communication with project management, senior QS, sub-contractors, client, and supply chain.
• Contract vetting.
• Processing payments and inputting into dispute resolution.
• Monitor cost of site resources.
• Produce monthly / quarterly cost and value reports, and cash flow information.
• Provide input into project performance and strategy reviews.
• Ensure timely production & presentation of adequate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provision of the conditions of contract.
• Provide advice to the site team regarding all project issues.
• Attend and provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
• Assist with the production of insurance claims.
• Time and workload management.
• Provide input to project risk profiling and management.
• Knowledge of quantity surveying to corporate member level of ICES or RICS (preferred) or equivalent.
• Ideally a mix of Civil Engineer.
• Successful experience at Section QS level.
• Enhanced knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
• Understand basic contract law and contractual obligations.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers.
We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.