Director - Marine
Tony Gee is an award winning, employee owned consultancy with over 400 employees based in the UK and overseas.
The foundation of Tony Gee is civil and structural engineering design with particular expertise in temporary works design. Key sector include rail, highway, infrastructure and marine.
The Marine Group, based in the Ashford office, is enjoying an excellent period of growth. Projects include Tideway Tunnel, Port of Dover expansion and rail related marine works. The team is led by John Vincett who, after over 40 years with Tony Gee, is retiring in 2017. We are seeking a new leader to head the team (currently 12 strong) and continue in growth.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Relevant technical qualifications (MICE/MIStructE)
- A strong track record in leading civil/structural design teams
- Extensive experience of marine projects
- Experience of design and build projects
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills - Tony Gee is renowned for recruiting, training and developing graduates and apprentices and this ethos is a core element of the culture.
- Commercial, contractual and financial management capabilities
- Experience of business development and customer relationship management.
The current team is based in Ashford, delivering projects throughout the UK and overseas. Whilst time will clearly need to be spent in Ashford, the person appointed can be based there or at any of the other UK offices - Esher, St Albans, Stonehouse, Birmingham, Manchester or Glasgow.
This position will have the support and resources of Tony Gee to ensure its continued success.
To respond please send a full CV (in confidence) to Chris Cheetham at our retained consultants, Cheetham Hall, email quoting reference number.
If you wish to discuss the role, please call 01270 618330