Principal Professional Services Consultant
Yotta is a provider of software and services, leading the way in data driven infrastructure asset management. We use our imagination and expertise to bring new levels of innovation to data collection, analysis, interpretation and decision making, enabling our customers to achieve more with less.
We have a range of market leading software products backed up with a range of surveying and consultancy services which help our customers deliver a better service across their highways department. We are technological leaders in the UK market and are entering an exciting phase of potential growth both within the UK and Internationally.
We are part of the AIM listed Oxford Metrics Group of companies who provide vision technology across the life science, entertainment, defense and engineering sectors
The highway infrastructure represents the largest capital asset that the public sector holds. This role will work closely with our clients to help them optimise the performance of these assets given budgetary, political and economical constraints. You will be required to deliver quality advice, support, training and solutions tailored to each Client’s local requirements. Working closely with our Sales Team to maximise opportunities and identify Client’s needs will be fundamental to the role.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with in-depth experience of highways infrastructure asset management, ISO55000 and the latest industry guidance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver on and off site highway asset management consultancy to Clients
- Lead on a portfolio of projects using PRINCE2 methodology ensuring they’re delivered to specification, high quality and to deadline
- Oversee the quality of service delivery from the team ensure the highest standards are met
- Lead on strategic tender opportunities attending clients as required as consultancy expert
- Liaise regularly with Sales to ensure consultancy opportunities are maximized
- Assist in the generation of new orders and opportunities
- Assist Clients to implement Code of Practice and best practice guidance e.g. HMEP HIAMG/ISO55000/IAM Anatomy
- Provide asset management maturity assessment against best practice guidance
- Assist Highway Authorities to implement, review and develop Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Plans (HIAMP)
- Assist Clients in reviewing and develop highway management policy & strategies
- Work with Highway Authorities to implement robust financial management, valuations and reporting based on the guidance of the CIPFA Code of Practice on Transportation Infrastructure Assets
- Develop lifecycle plans and investment modelling options for maintenance plans
- Produce and deliver internal and external training courses
Team & Business Development
- Lead within your specialist skills amongst the team and business, supporting and developing other team members.
- Act as mentor, coaching and training colleagues in order to support learning and development objectives.
- Take responsibility to deliver Business Improvement Initiatives
- Attend and contribute to relevant technical steering groups and seminars
- Keep up to date with all changes and new initiatives released by our industries governing bodies and ensure they are filtered through the company
Knowledge and skills required:
- Able to lead within a team setting
- Ideally have a background in highway infrastructure asset management
- Ability to deliver high quality asset management consultancy
- Proven ability to form strategic relationships within the highways sector
- Detailed knowledge of current highway management practices
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including producing:
- well-structured technical reports
- clear and concise management reports
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A commitment to continuous development and improvement, team-working and the highest possible professional standards
- Present a professional and confident manner
- Educated to degree level or in lieu demonstrate considerable relevant experience
- Experienced project management professional with a PRINCE2 qualification
- Holds or working towards the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate/Diploma
Specialist Skills (Desirable):
- Asset Management
- Street Lighting/Signals
- Risk & Resilience
- Policy, Strategy, Business Processes, Auditing
- Performance Management
- Drainage/Flood Risk Management
Please visit our website and upload a copy of your CV with a covering letter addressed for the attention of Anna Morris, explaining why you think you are right for this job role (Please state Ref: PrinProfServ on all correspondence). We look forward to hearing from you.
Yotta is an Equal Opportunities Employer.