Assistant Geotechnical Engineer
Assistant Geotechnical Engineer - Cardiff- £Negotiable
An exciting new role has arisen for an Assistant Geotechnical Engineer to join our client based in their offices near Cardiff.
Our client, a well known and well established Environmental Consultancy and Contractor have a new role for an Assistant Geotechnical Engineer to join the team due to continued success and growth. Upon joining the team you will undertake a varied, challenging and highly rewarding work load and as a result you must have circa 2 years experience in a similar role.
The successful Assistant Geotechnical Engineer can expect to undertake
- Bearing capacity calculations and settlement analysis.
- Soakaway and infiltration testing and analysis (BRE365 and pV percolation tests).
- Foundation design and assessment.
- Basement Impact Assessment.
You must have:
- A relevant technical degree e.g. civil engineering, engineering geology or other related discipline.
- A higher degree in geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
- Knowledge of a varied range of geotechnical assessment and design such as earthworks and remediation, earth retaining structures, slope stability assessment, ground improvement/treatment works, or shallow and deep foundation design.
- Report writing experience - including presenting complex technical information in a concise and accurate manner.
- Post-graduation experience in the field of geotechnical engineering or engineering geology is essential
This role comes with extensive benefits as well as the opportunity to work within one of the UK's leading consultancies. For more information on this role please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 341 104. Alternatively you can email a copy of your CV to neil.ellerton@penguinrecruitment .co.uk