Electrical Projects Engineer – Generation & Gas
We are a dedicated team delivering safe, reliable and economic multi-utility supplies and services (electricity, clean water, waste water collection and treatment, natural gas transmission, telecoms and flood risk management) for our Island.
- Your salary and terms are analogous to Manx Electricity Grade 6 (salary scale £45,174 to £56,840 per annum from 1st April 2019)
- Your line manager is the Plant Engineering Manager
- You are responsible for managing the inspection, testing and development of HV electrical Plant, Equipment and Systems
- You are responsible for engineering and project managing on a range of projects related to the power generation systems and buildings – these will be primarily electrical biased but will also cover other disciplines.
- You will provide engineering support on the power generation HV and LV Electrical systems
- You will be based at Pulrose or Peel Power Stations but expected to work at any Manx Utilities location
The main responsibilities of your job role and the reasons it exists are outlined below:
- Project Engineering
- Project Engineering work related to Electrical Engineering Projects
- Project Management and Procurement related to specific projects
- Preparing and Updating project change control documentation and drawings
- Compliance with Budgets and Isle of Man Government Financial Regulations
Power Systems Engineering
To provide engineering support to the maintenance and operations team on HV/LV Plant & System Equipment, to include:
- Generators, Governors and associated Generator Control Panels
- HV Protection Systems testing and maintenance
- HV and LV switch gear
- Static Switches and UPS
- Battery systems
- Emergency Generators
- Lead technical investigations – including the interrogation of protection relays to establish sequence of events
- Lead HV Electrical Commissioning activities
- Assist with Power Systems stability studies
- Maintain and review Protection and Generator Automatic Voltage Regulator AVR configuration records
- Act as Control Person and Senior Authorised Person for HV switching operations
Undertake such training as necessary to allow for skills, competence and capability to be maintained and developed.
Please see attached Job description for further details.