Senior/Principal Engineer (Bridges)
Would you welcome the opportunity to work with a small team of talented specialists but within a highly successful award-winning firm with offices world-wide?
Our client prides itself on technical excellence in its drive to provide an exceptional client service and due to an expanding workload they are looking for an experienced Senior/Principal Bridge Engineer to join their Cambridge office and assist in developing this expanding team.
The successful Senior/Principal Engineer will undertake a full range of services, from sketch schemes to construction issue, including load assessments of highway structures. There is no doubt this role will offer great opportunity for rapid development.
- To assist the Principal Engineer with setting and reviewing objectives, targets and performance of the team,
- Develop relationships with key customers, suppliers and contacts relevant to the team by providing professional advice
- Manage small projects to quality constraints and standards,
- Assist the Team Leader with the management of larger projects,
- Estimate, price and deliver against work targets.
- Significant experience within Bridge Engineering,
- Degree qualified with an appropriate professional qualification. Alternatively, you may be approaching professional qualifications, with post graduate industry experience,
- Ability to demonstrate recent experience, knowledge and understanding of current DMRB bridge design standards and Highways England approval and certification procedures,
- Use of Eurocodes for bridge design is essential,
- Knowledge of Network Rail standards would be useful, but not essential,
- Able to develop a cost-effective solution to the design of bridge structures, including build ability and alternative construction methods,
- Proficient in the use of bridge design software packages and able to understand the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project controls.
The role offers excellent career opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic Senior/Principal engineer looking for a fulfilling, long term role.
For further information please call Graham Ventham on 01728 726120.