Cost Controller - Airports
Our client is a leading international organization, they have a requirement for a highly experienced Cost Controller to join their team on a large Airport project in Kuwait. Candidates applying for this position should have a minimum 10+ years’ experience working on large infrastructure projects with leading consultancies and must have previous experience working on a large airport project, preferably in the GCC. Arabic speakers are preferred for this role.
- Analyzes and interprets complex sections of project scope document to define cost parameters.
- Collaborates with Project Engineers, Project Managers and clients to review the preliminary cost estimate and select appropriate design alternatives.
- Supervises the preparation of project estimates and budgets and subsequent estimate/budget updates for all design and/or construction activities.
- Oversees the integration of project estimate and schedule for forecasting cash flow requirements. Reviews trend analyses, budget updates and recommendations for corrective action to assure compliance with company and client requirements.
- Develops methods and procedures to be used for predicting escalation rates.
- Performs risk analysis, assessing contingency requirements and develops contingency percentages.
- Reviews and/or prepares various cost control/performance measurement reports, forecasts and special studies.
- Supervises and/or participates in claims analyses and negotiations.
- Performs complex economic/financial evaluations.
- Participates in value engineering analyses, productivity evaluations and other similar studies.
- Advises project management of cost impact of proposed design or construction changes.
- Advises clients of cost trends and their effects on anticipated project expenditures.
- Participates in proposal preparation and client presentations.
- Establishes methodologies and supervises life cycle cost analyses, economic/financial evaluations, productivity evaluations and value engineering analyses.
- Provides evaluations, development and training consulting services to clients in all areas of cost engineering, cost management and project controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 3 years GCC experience
- Experience working in a cost control position on an airport project
- Arabic speaking is a preference