Senior Water Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Engineer to join in our Water Design & Engineering business based in Exeter.
Arcadis’s UK Water Design & Engineering group has an increasing and diverse portfolio of clients and projects covering the Regulated Water (water & sewerage companies) and Water Environment (Environment Agency, Canal & River Trust) sectors, and providing services to construction companies and private developers working in these sectors. We provide our design and consultancy services to these clients and partners through our network of offices across the UK and being co-located in client and partner offices.
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar numerical discipline
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status (i.e. CEng, IEng, MICE)
- Knowledge and experience of the design of water supply and wastewater infrastructure (pipeline) and non-infrastructure (treatment plant) projects
- Knowledge and experience of the design or construction of reservoir, canal, river engineering
- Experience in the design of coastal and river flood defences
- Recent Design & Build experience working closely with civil contractors, process contractors and their supply chains.
- Good motivation, influencing and people management skills.
- Knowledge of design management.
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner.
- Experience of Civils 3D or Revit MEP.
- Knowledge/Experience of BIM led design.
- Must be able to work to deadlines and produce reports to a high standard of written English
- Knowledge in the design of subsea pipelines and outfalls
- Knowledge in coastal engineering process
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.