CONSTRUCT. BUILD. SHAPE. DESIGN. CREATE.
You can do all of this and more with BAM.
BAM Construction is recruiting an Assistant Project Surveyor to join the Scotland region, based in at either the Glasgow or Edinburgh offices with occasional travel required to site in Perth . This role will assist with all aspects of surveying and commercial site functions.
About the role
• Procurement of subcontract packages
• Measurement of quantities where necessary
• Assembling enquiry documentation
• Obtaining and analyzing quotations and making recommendations
• Preparing order documentation
• Assisting in monitoring and making payments to Subcontractors
• Receiving and assessing applications for payment from the supply-chain
• Processing payments to a fixed time scale
• Commercial control of subcontract packages
• Involving the Contract administration of packages
• Assisting in Value recovery
• You will support the main contract valuation preparation
• Assist in the Cost Control and Reporting Process
• Support the agreement of the Final Account
• Including the valuing of change
• Agreeing final accounts for subcontract packages
• Support and contribute to Project risk and opportunity planning
• Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers
Who are we looking for?
- BSc or equivalent and or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level. The Company will fully support you in achieving chartered status of the RICS.
- Circa 9 months post-graduate main contracting experience with a clear passion for the construction industry.
- An appropriate depth of experience of some aspects of quantity surveying in the building industry.
- Sub-contract accounts & procurement, cost monitoring, codes, standards and specifications, best practice procedures.
- The ability to negotiate
- A methodical approach to your work, combined with strong numeracy skills
- A proactive approach, enthusiastic and driven approach with an influencing ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both at the personal level and more formal reporting level.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What do we offer?
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, including a car allowance and bonus, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.