At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting for a Caretaker based at UCL Academy Camden.
You will be involved in the day to day running of the site for both planned preventative maintenance, reactive tasks and scheduled general caretaking duties.
You will be the primary day to day contact with the users of the school, helping to resolve operational issues and reporting back to the helpdesk on progress and resolution.
You will focus on:
• Carrying out regular monthly reviews in conjunction with the Site Premises Manager
• Assisting in supervising/escorting sub-contractors effectively
• Ensuring planned preventive maintenance is up to date and meet the contract specification
• Ensuring that all emergency repairs are dealt with promptly
• Developing and maintaining relationships with all the school departments
• Ensuring prompt return of all worksheets for tasks, accurately completed, to the helpdesk
• (Under management direction) ensuring that the grounds, buildings, services and facilities are in a fit condition and they comply with all appropriate standards, health and safety and school requirements
• Ensuring that the proper and safe storage and disposal of all waste/chemicals
• Reading gas, electricity and water meters on a regular basis and report to the Site Premises Manager
• Carrying out emergency cleaning such as body fluids, vomit and other soiling when the day cleaners are unavailable
• Cleaning all external areas including litter bins, play areas, pathways, car parks, grassed and garden areas in the absence of the Grounds Person
• Carrying out the day to day maintenance and upkeep of the hydrotherapy pool, including carrying out of water testing, chemical dosing and minor repairs during those times not covered by the ground person
• Liaising with the relevant personnel and agencies to ensure the site is secure at all times e.g. opening and closing, arrangement for security alarms, regular patrols of the buildings and grounds
• Reporting all security concerns/breaches to the Site Premises Manager
• Complying with all authority, school and BAM FM and statutory health and safety procedures.
• Assisting in the training of staff and pupils in accordance with the requirements of emergency evacuation plans
• Assisting in the coordination of fire drills each half term
• Ensuring arrangements for any lettings by third party users are completed
• Complying with all BAM FM policies, procedures and standards
Some hazards are faced by all staff working in special needs schools, such as:
• Dealing with difficult behaviour
• Using tools and equipment
• Working at height
• Lone working
To succeed in this role you will have:
• Ideally experience of working in a similar education/public building environment in a caretaking capacity
• Any technical qualifications would be advantageous
• Knowledge and understanding of pupil safeguarding
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good IT knowledge such as working with PDA's/tablets to manage calls would be advantageous
• H & S and Manual Handling Training / Experience
• Due to the environment of the role, an Enhanced DBS (CRB) disclosure will be required
• Be conversant with statutory compliance processes such as COSHH, ACOP L8, Fire Safety and be willing to undertake training to address shortcomings
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.