Civil Engineer (Surface Water)
Civil Engineer (Surface Water)?
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd is an independent, international consulting practice which provides globally integrated consulting services to the international mining industry.
The SRK Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd, located in Cardiff City Centre, is the European arm of the SRK Consulting Group and currently has over 110 employees.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer (Surface Water) to join an experienced water team based in Cardiff. Our surface water specialists evaluate and develop solutions for mining projects located in Europe, CIS countries, Africa, America and Asia.
The team provides expertise at all levels of mine project development from initial scoping studies through to construction, operations and closure. We offer a wide range of services from hydraulic design to climate change estimations, and from water balance models to climate modelling.
The role will include:
- Design and management of hydrological field programmes
- Desk-based hydrological studies, conceptual, analytical and numerical models, the latter including characterisation of input and outputs uncertainties
- Storm analysis, flood estimation and flood risk assessment including preliminary design and costing of mitigation measures
- Development of water balance models for optimisation of water use
- Design of civil hydraulic structures for river conveyance and impoundment
- Project management, report and proposal writing, client liaison and mentoring of staff
- Some international travel
- Degree or equivalent in a civil engineering, surface water related science or engineering subject with preferably a higher degree and/or significant hydraulic / hydrological experience.
- Previous experience of undertaking civils/hydrological studies, ideally including international projects.
- Innovative and clear thinking, able to work with complex problems and to present ideas and data to colleagues and clients to find solutions.
- Competent report and proposal writing skills. Strong English language skills (verbal and written). A second language is an advantage but is not essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to be proactive and work under pressure, either independently or as part of a team.
- Previous data science skills and experience in either/or Python, R , Matlab will be highly regarded.
In return we offer:
- An attractive compensation package
- A diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment
The opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.
Competitive salary + a range of excellent benefits