Civil / Structural Engineer (Rail)
Our client is a growing multidisciplinary consulting engineering form who offer a comprehensive consulting service to the civil engineering and building sectors. They currently have an opening for a Civil / Structural Engineer to join their team in Ipswich to work on a varied portfolio of rail related design work on a full time permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of skills and experience within the rail sector and the ability to design and assess various types of structure in a range of construction materials. A strong technical background is therefore a must.
Projects: high-risk structures, platform reconstruction, canopy refurbishment, new depots, car parks, bridge reconstructions and other station works.
- Structural design in common materials,
- Site inspection,
- Working with technicians to produce engineering drawings,
- Project management and client liaison are available for those with an interest in these areas.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Ideally a Chartered engineer,
- At least five years UK experience working on similar projects.
- Rail familiarity would be an advantage but is not essential,
- A sound understanding of and confidence to apply civil and structural engineering principles,
- Comfortable carrying out design work,
- A good standard of verbal and written English is essential..
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently on projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision but will also be required to work well within a team environment.
The successful Civil / Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package, a friendly working environment as part of a close-knit team. This role also has the added advantage of offering agile working with a blend of home and office working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.