At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Deputy Facilities Manager based at Camden Schools, Camden. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, your main responsibility will be to support the Facilities Manager to ensure that the services provided to the Authority are in accordance with the Service Agreement and Authorities Requirements (AR's).
About the role
To succeed in this role you will have previous experience in PFI projects along with experience in total FM provision covering both hard and soft services. You will also have experience of directly managing staff and subcontractors. You will have IWFM Level 3 or equivalent and experience of PFI multi school contracts. Experience of P&L and finance would be of assistance
• Direct line management and supervision of hard and soft services across in-house staff and external subcontractors, excluding M&E services
• Ensure the service delivery is maintained in line with authority requirements/specifications and ensure quality audits are undertaken and action as necessary
• Deputise for the FM Manager as required from time to time
• Liaise with schools and authority on day to day issues as required
• Assist with life cycle works both ion preparing plans, producing quotes and manage works within company financial guidelines
• Attend training and meetings at other BAM locations as required
• Production of reports and investigations as require and for multiple audiences
Who are we looking for?
• An understanding/previous experience in PFI projects
• A proven track record of managing others
• Previous experience in hard services and knowledge of soft services within a FM provision
• Client relationships skills - experience of public sector culture
• You will have extensive operational management experience supported by appropriate qualifications and/or by corporate membership of a suitable professional institute
• Strong interpersonal, customer relationship and organisational skill
• The ability to manage several projects ongoing, and be self-motivated with a proactive approach
• IT literate and must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of packages.
• Level 3 minimum IWFM qualification in Facilities Management of equivalent
• A full UK driving license will be required for this position.
What do we offer?
In addition to a attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.