Digital Construction Specialist - Kilsyth (near Glasgow)
We are seeking an energetic Digital Construction Specialist for our team in Scotland.
Your work will include
- Preparation of BIM Execution Plans to deliver BAM and client objectives
- Specification, control and continual improvement of Common Data Environments (CDE)
- Providing training in Digital Construction Awareness and Common Data Environment
- Co-ordination with our planners to support the adoption of 4D planning
- Co-ordination with our estimators and commercial teams to support the adoption of 5D BIM
- Development of modelling specifications and co-ordination with 3D modellers (internal and external) to ensure models are suitable for defined uses
- 3D model federation and clash detection / quality assurance tasks
- Providing coaching to project teams in the effective use of field data capture tools
Key software we use includes ProjectWise, Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks, Synchro and 360 Field. (Specific software experience is an advantage, but not essential)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong understanding of digital construction processes and tools as well as appreciation of the civil engineering contracting sector. Key qualities are enthusiasm to seek-out, evaluate and promote new technology, together with communication skills that can effectively influence the adoption of new ways of working.
Specific software experience is an advantage, but not essential: for this role we value most highly the ability to learn quickly, innovate, work well in a team and promote change and improvement. BAM place great value on training and development and we have many examples of colleagues who successfully moved to new roles.
What do we offer?
While based in our offices at Kilsyth, between Glasgow and Stirling, the role requires travel to our sites and offices including overnight stays.
This is a permanent position and offers exceptional training, development and progression opportunities within BAM.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.