Director - Development Management
Consultancy - London
We are looking for an ambitious Director or Associate Director to join a fast-growing Development Management team, who is self-motivated, driven and commercially astute.? Reporting to the Head of Development Management, the individual will be responsible for securing new business, leading and delivering Development Management commissions, and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing the full range of Development Management services to both private and public sector clients
- Providing commercial and technical advice to clients in respect of office, residential, and mixed-use projects
- Leading feasibility studies to identify the optimum use of sites or buildings taking full account of the specific circumstances, opportunities, constraints, the market, and Client requirements
- Preparing development appraisals and financial modelling to assess the viability of schemes, guide decision making and inform value engineering
- Appointing, managing, and leading multi-disciplinary design teams through the design, planning and delivery stages of projects, with an emphasis on the front end of projects
- Managing key stakeholders on projects and handling land and third-party negotiations
- Managing the risks on projects and advising on different risk mitigation and delivery strategies
- Ensuring projects remain on programme and within budget, and identifying opportunities to add value at every stage
- Using your extensive network of contacts in the property industry to secure new business opportunities
- Actively promoting the Development Management offer and helping to development new propositions to win new business
- Identifying potential new business opportunities as the market/legislation evolves
- Helping to prepare bids to secure new opportunities and participating in pitches
- A member of the RICS
- A minimum of seven years relevant post qualification experience gained working in property development, either at a developer or at a leading property consultancy in the UK
- A depth of expertise in Development Management, combining knowledge of the property market, with the technical and leadership skills needed to put together and deliver development schemes
- A demonstrable track record of leading large and complex office, residential and mixed-use schemes from inception, through design and planning, and ideally delivery, as the development manager or developer
- In depth and up to date knowledge of both the commercial and residential sectors, with an emphasis on London and major cities across the UK
- Extensive and high-level contacts across the property industry with strong networking skills
- Strong negotiation skills, commercially astute and entrepreneurial
- Keen to take on responsibility and play a key role in growing the Development Management offer
- A strong track record of winning new business and developing new service lines
Aldwych Consulting values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.