Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a part-time Fitness Instructor to join the FM team in Crawley. Reporting directly to the Leisure Manager, you will play a key role in the day to day management of the leisure business.
You will be required to work 24 hours per week, shift work including evening and weekend working.
- Assist in the upkeep of the gym to provide a safe and pleasant space for members.
- Have a hands on approach and be willing to carry out all reasonable duties to ensure the smooth running of the fitness centre including setting up for classes and bookings
- Have an awareness of health and safety issues in a gymnasium and the ability to carry out basic first aid.
- Carry out general maintenance and cleaning duties in the fitness area.
- Understand the computerized membership system, cash handling and cashing up procedures as there will be reception duties involved within this role
- Carry out member inductions, and regularly update programs
- Teaching classes, demonstrating techniques and methods of participation and offering alternatives to accommodate varying levels of fitness.
- Promote the group fitness timetable and actively aim to increase member participation, and new memberships.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience of working within a similar role is preferred but not essential
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels with customers and internal departments alike.
- To be able to provide a warm and friendly environment for our members.
- Minimum level 2 Fitness instructor qualification is essential. Spin qualification preferred but not essential as training can be provided
What's in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.