Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Catering Assistant on a 12 month fixed term contract at Thurlbear Primary School, Somerset. This is a term time only position, 16 hours a week. This role reports to the Kitchen Manager. Please note that holiday cleans may also be required.
Under the instruction/guidance of the Kitchen Manager: carry out all duties required to provide school meal service. To include food preparation, portion control, cleaning, presentation and service
You will focus on:
• Preparation of meals: prepare food in accordance with agreed recipes/methods
• Prepare ingredients for meals under direction.
• Adhering to current HACCP and food safety regulations & procedures
• Ensure that clean and dirty processes and kept separate
• Preparing food for chilled and or hot transportation.
• Decant and/or serve food where required
• Use current management system to maintain food safety records.
• Refill and replace consumables
• Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies
• Treat all customers with courtesy and consideration
• Work safely around the kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues.
• Maintain accurate stock levels, including kitchen materials.
• Assist in achieving financial targets set out by Centre Production Manager.
• Assist in managing waste through correct product measurement.
• Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training & by attending courses.
• Always adhere to all company policies & procedures
• Be involved and contribute to team meetings.
• Carry out all instructions given by the management team & head office.
• Treat all customers with courtesy and consideration, in accordance with customer service training.
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role:
• Experience of working in a catering environment & within a team.
• Experience of cooking/food preparation for large numbers
• Willingness to gain recognised catering qualification.
• Level 2 Hygiene Certificate - Desirable
• Knowledge of health and safety good practice in the kitchen.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Good ICT - Desirable
• Ability to use relevant equipment
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions
• Awareness of COSHH regulations
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of health and hygiene procedures
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Desirable to have a current clean driving licence and a willingness to drive
What's in it for you?
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
All staff employed by BAM FM Ltd in schools are required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service Clearance.