Head of Facades
£80k - £90k DOE per annum plus benefits
Are you a talented and ambitious Senior Façade Engineer with a strong business acumen who is looking to make the next important career move?
Our client is an award-winning engineering practice that specialises in the structural & technical design of projects of up to £300m in value They currently have a unique opportunity for a Head of Facades to join the Structural team in their London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will join an established, diverse team in a supportive environment working with the latest digital design tools on exciting regional, national and international projects across a number of sectors. You will lead and manage a small technical team who already have a wealth of technical expertise, delivering a range of projects from concept feasibility to detailed design and site monitoring. This could suit a candidate who has technical expertise and is now looking to develop into a leadership role.
- Building the company’s Façade business, through increased sales, sector market penetration and turnover,
- Managing the commercial viability of work and providing technical direction,
- Working closely with the senior management team to develop and expand the Façade business,
- Work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines to deliver the quality of service and technical expertise demanded by clients,
- Responsible for financial reporting to the senior management team and for preparing and delivering your business plan for Facades.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Extensive experience working as a structural façade design engineer and of reviewing technical due diligence reports,
- Be commercially astute, able to prepare successful technical and commercial bids, reports, direct and manage projects,
- A track record of delivering projects to programme and budget,
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills and able to liaise with clients and other built environment professionals,
- Ability to develop, coach and motivate a team and support their professional development,
- A wide-ranging technical expertise including knowledge of façade structural and thermal calculations, specifications and performance requirements, technical due diligence surveys, reporting on façade defects such as water ingress, spontaneous glass breakage, presence of cavity fire barriers, combustible cladding investigations and replacement etc.
- Knowledge of FEA programs including non linear / thermal analysis programs and AutoCAD.
On offer for the Head of Facades:
- Company pension scheme,
- Life insurance,
- Holiday allowance with option to purchase additional days and option to take a day off each year for a ‘good cause’ that is important to you,
- Range of salary sacrifice to assist with purchasing a bike, technology and season ticket loans,
- Professional memberships reimbursed,
- Wellbeing and legal support through employee assistance providers,
- Support with professional qualifications and a training programme.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for please send an updated your CV to Graham Ventham to apply.