The Housing Executive is now recruiting for Civil Engineers to join their team.
Directorate: Asset Management
Department: Project Delivery
Grade: TL03 (£30,151 - £38,296)
Reports to: Senior Civil Engineer
Location: Belfast – Initially Lanyon Place
You will be part of a team, delivering ‘best in class’ service for our customers. You will be responsible for supporting the Senior Civil Engineer within the Contract & Performance team in delivering a civil/structural/construction/engineering consultancy service to all parts of the organisation at locations across Northern Ireland.
The post is based in Belfast but will require travel to locations throughout Northern Ireland.
1. (i) A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering plus 3 years’ relevant experience.*
(ii) A relevant BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma or qualification of an equivalent academic level plus 5 years’ relevant experience.*
2. Can demonstrate relevant experience, depending on their level of qualification
in five of the following areas below:-
a) Hands on experience of preparation of design and construction information
b) Experience of sole working experience in the field without supervision.
c) Demonstrate experience of preparation of technical reports.
d) Demonstrate hands on experience of structural design and use of
structural design software.
e) Demonstrate hands on experience in use of a recognised Drainage design
f) Demonstrate hands on experience of road and sewer adoption
g) Demonstrate experience of applying the Building Regulations and or
construction related British or European Standards.
h) Demonstrate experience of risk assessments for differing construction
i) Experience of working within the NEC3 form of contract.
3. Can demonstrate: (To be assessed at Interview)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure of multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent attention to detail
4. Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
Please note: that in addition to this post, offers of a similar role may be made from the Reserve List
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://nihe.getgotjobs.co.uk/registerJob/ce948604-b565-47c2-b270-40515c984794
The closing date for applications is Thursday 28th September 2023 at 4.30pm.