Building the future, creating the present
We are on a drive to harmonise our 'standard' operations across all our operating companies, providing a uniform way of working in service delivery. This will include implementing a one service desk tool and support model, consolidating service providers and providing a single 'One BAM workplace' to all BAM employees and partners. We want a user centric solution that considers new technologies, tied to consistent ways of working with strong SLA's in place. To assist with this transition in UK we are looking for an experienced Service Delivery Manager.
The Service Delivery Manager will report directly to the IT Services Manager UK and will manage the effective and efficient delivery of all internally managed IT support, all third-party and associated services to support the goals of BAM's digital vision within the UK. The Service Delivery Manager will ensure flawless delivery and help drive excellence in all aspects of the IT service operations within established service level agreements. Setting up good communication channels to the local business and within the IT organisation will be essential.
- Support the IT transformation toward One BAM IT for IT Services.
- Responsible for the operational delivery of IT Services.
- Lead, manage and coach the UK IT Service Delivery team.
- Provide consistent service and standards countrywide by implementing and maintaining global end-to-end processes based on BAM's ITIL model through the ITSM Tooling.
- Standardize the whole approach and culture of IT Service Delivery to 'do things once and do it well'.
- Set and maintain a clear set of internal SLA's, track and report local key metrics, performing monthly service performance reviews with local stakeholders.
- Provide input into innovative solutions and automation to enhance the end user experience
- Implement the communication and user adoption strategy for end user services and technologies.
- Lifecycle management of all user-based assets.
- Global IT Services Strategy: Manage the IT Service Delivery team in coordinating and providing support for global and local IT services within the UK, aligned with local business requirements and the One BAM IT Strategy.
- IT processes: Implement and maintain uniform global end-to-end service delivery processes based on ITIL and supported with the ITSM tooling.
- Operational excellence: Identify areas for improving the services delivery experience and work with key stakeholders to execute improvements with key support processes. This includes optimising the one BAM service desk tool for the IT Service Delivery team and end-users.
- Analytics: Track and report local key metrics regarding service desk performance based on business agreed SLAs and take appropriate action, when needed.
- Innovation: As a team member, provide input into operations for global and local IT Services to help drive the optimisation of architecture, services and solutions.
- Relationship: Maintain customer and local vendor relationships by conducting regular service reviews, issue escalation and resolution based on business agreed SLAs.
- Financial: Coordinate the procurement and management of all user-based assets including hardware, software and services contracts ensuring that all expenditure is transparent, controlled and measured, leveraging global contracts where applicable.
- Adoption: Based on the One BAM strategy, help implement and support the end-user service delivery experience and work with key stakeholders to execute improvements to adopt new user focussed technologies and the ITSM tooling.
This position will be based in a main BAM UK office. Some travel will be required within Europe.
Who we are looking for...
• Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be dealing with end users and 3rd party service providers on an ongoing basis.
• Have excellent analytical, operational planning and execution skills.
• Ability to work within an IT Team to promote, develop and maintain strong customer service values.
• Have a positive, hands-on attitude and the ambition to drive the One BAM Strategy forward.
• Possess a strong financial discipline with an eye for detail.
• Embraces positive change in a dynamic environment.
Education and Experience
• Candidate will have a Third Level qualification in IT or relevant experience.
• At least 10 years' experience in providing and supporting IT services.
• Strong technical background in supporting end user devices, Microsoft desktop and Office 365 products.
• Experience in managing and coordinating workloads through ITSM tooling.
• ITIL qualification / experience desirable.
• Business fluency in English is essential (written and verbal).
What do we offer?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; car allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.