At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
The Arcadis Rail Civil Engineering Design Team in London and Croydon are recruiting talented individuals with an interest and experience in Railway infrastructure design including bridges, stations and depots, as well as other railway civil engineering infrastructure as part of existing route enhancement schemes.
The team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards, following the now complete award-winning London Bridge Station Redevelopment. Recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works which includes HS2 Bridges and Viaducts. The current diverse and technically complicated schemes also includes Step Free Access Station Upgrades for 7 LU Stations, Crossrail West Station Upgrades, London Overground Stations at Barking Riverside and Old Oak Common and Neasden Depot for LU. We have also been awarded the Wessex CP6 Network Rail framework, which includes a number of overbridge reconstructions and footbridge replacement schemes, as well as station and platform enhancements.
As a result of this continuing success, we are now keen to significantly grow our design team in London. As part of this growth plan, we currently have opportunities for talented Engineers in both our Croydon and Kings Cross offices. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team that has grown rapidly over the past 5 years. Successful candidates will be rewarded with the opportunity to develop their careers by being part of interesting and challenging rail projects, and an opportunity to be part of the ‘NCE 2018 Engineering Company of the Year’.
All candidates are expected to have an enthusiasm for working in the rail sector and experience in civil engineering design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Team Leader / Associate Director within the Civil Design Team, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of technically challenging designs. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your design and technical knowledge.
- You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environments and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning and develop industry knowledge though affiliations and continuing education
- Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
- Leading and assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Designing in 3D modelling environments such as AECOSim, Revit and Civil 3D
- Preparing design calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Taking a lead role in the resolution of technical issues
- Supervision and technical development of junior engineering team members
- Attending site and taking a lead role in the completion of surveys in a rail environment
- Gaining experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Building relationships with Clients on projects
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
- Opportunity to work under mentorship to develop and undertake CRE responsibilities on Rail projects
We are seeking ambitious Principal and Senior Civil Engineers to support the expanding rail design teams in Croydon working on a variety of on-going design projects within railway and other sectors. The role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
We are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering
- Achieved or very close to achieving Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status, or equivalent
- You will have a gained substantial civil / structural design experience ideally including some within the rail sector and in a consultancy environment
- Have previous relevant experience including supervision of elements of large, complex projects
- Chartered Engineer status with ICE or IStructE (or close to achieving)
- Experience preparing design deliverables using civil engineering design software packages
- You will be an Innovative thinker, a team player, proactive and delivery focused
- An aptitude for Building Information Modelling and the workflow associated with projects delivered in a Common Data Environment
- You will possess the enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
- You will be flexible to travel throughout the UK on occasion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven planning and organisation skills
- Manage engineering activities that contribute to sustainable development
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Why Arcadis? At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ?rst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other bene?ts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ?exible working and a flexible holiday scheme. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
We are recruiting talented Engineers with experience in Railway infrastructure design