Principal River Engineer (7 Locations)
Are you a River Engineer looking for exciting projects and career progression?
We're looking for a Principal River Engineer in Exeter and 7 other locations, to join one of the largest engineering consultancies in the world. The company are a blue-chip, international consultancy with offices in every corner of the globe and approximately 20,000 staff.
This opportunity is available in 7 different locations for your ease of access:
You will have the opportunity to think globally and act locally, working on strategic projects of national importance in the coastal, river, and surface water protection space, with local authority, government agency, and major contractor clients.
Their typical projects include river and coastal flood defence works, dams and reservoir remedial works and sea ports. They work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction. Their frameworks with multiple water companies and the Environment Agency have provided them with a significant pipeline of work.
- Delivery of tasks and projects from inception to handover, meeting quality, time and budget requirements.
- Delivering activities for key local and national clients, maintaining and expanding a portfolio of strong relationships leading to new and repeat business.
- Contributing to successful proposals that meet client needs and lead to technically and commercially successful work.
- Support in developing company technical capability and assisting with delivering business development targets.
- Inspiring and mentoring colleagues in developing their technical knowledge and understanding.
- Chartered Civil Engineer in the field of river engineering and flood risk management.
- Working familiarity with relevant technical Codes of Practice and industry Standards.
- Track record of delivery of successful projects and the ability to support winning tenders.
- Ability to identify and employ innovation and leading-edge technologies to meet client needs.
- Willingness to travel on short assignments within the UK.
- A valid UK driving licence.
Alongside excellent continuous personal development and outstanding progression opportunities you will receive a comprehensive, industry leading benefits package that includes but is not limited to:
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Car allowance at Principal level (£4,500)
- Generous company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Much more!
Don't hesitate to reach out to George Banks on 07787 736270 for an informal discussion about the role, or apply with your CV if you're interested.
Aldwych Consulting values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.