Building the present, creating the future
Project Managers - Midlands and South East
With our ever increasing work load, we are looking to recruit a number of experienced Project Managers to lead and support these opportunities through the work winning process and then onto leading these projects with the subsequent awards. These opportunities will suit individuals are looking for projects to work on in East Midlands, West Midlands and South East England. We are particularly keen to hear from people who have experience in any of the following sectors; Highways, Marine Piling and/or Airfields.
Your key activities will include:
• The leadership, management and oversight of all areas of the project, delivering successful project outcomes in all areas, and maintaining high standards of professionalism.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with everyone associated with the project and the wider community.
• Provide operational, strategic and contractual direction for the whole project team.
• Set a personal example in health safety and environmental matters through strong, visible leadership (including safety tours). Acting as a champion for all company and sub-contractor employees. Actively supporting HSQE initiatives, both on the project and across business.
• Maintain high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour.
• Drive quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
• Take a personal interest in mentoring and developing key staff to their next level.
• Lead and manage the project team, ensuring high levels of commitment, morale and motivation at all levels.
• Adopt, maintain and promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Maintain a good working relationship with the client and his / her project management and supervisory team and the supply chain.
• Promote repeat business by maintaining personal contact with key clients and stakeholders, and by demonstrating high levels of commitment to their requirements.
• Establish, maintain and monitor an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate financial control with reliable QF preparation and reporting.
• Ensure realistic programmes are prepared, managed, monitored, reviewed, and updated according to the requirements of the project and contract.
• Ensure processes are in place for the preparation, review and briefing of method statements, activity plans and risk assessments and measures implemented to ensure they are reviewed and updated accordingly.
• Ensure systems are in place for the successful commercial and financial management of the project.
• Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Degree, HND in Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience working as PM or Senior Agent with Civil Engineering contracting.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management capabilities commensurate with such a role.
• Detailed working knowledge of the civils construction environment and forms of contract used.
• Experience of working in construction project delivery.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities. We are committed to practises that support the recruitment and retention of disabled workers.